Hilltop Orchards Conditions
- Last Updated on Thursday, 08 January 2015 06:19
- Written by Debbie Rapp
"Awesome 20-Mile Views of the Berkshires!"
"...arguably the coziest place to cross country ski in the Berkshires..."
Chris Newbound Berkshire Magazine
Hilltop Orchards – a 200 acre property which is home to one of the regions' largest apple orchard and award-winning Furnace Brook Winery -- also has a surprisingly adventurous Nordic Ski Center!
Snowshoers and xc skiiers are delighted by the inventive trails designed by John Morton, a seven-time participant in the Winter Olymics as an athlete, coach and leader of the U.S. Biathlong Team.
The expertly groomed trails offer fun for all abilities. Courses are groomed for both classic and skating-style skiing as well as snowshoeing. The combination of twists and turns along the woodland trails make this experience like none other!
Warm up by the stone fireplace with a glass of wine, cup of hot cocoa, or home made apple cider.
- Rental equipment: Rossignol cross country skis and snowshoes, $20
- Trail fees/full day: $15 adults, $12 for children age 12 and under ($1 off for seniors)
- Trail fees/half day (2pm-5pm): $12 adults, $10 children
- Season passes: $125 adults, $75 children
- Open Daily: 9am-5pm
- Lessons by PSIA certified instructors, Russ Myer ($45 private, $25 group).
- Taste any one Furnace Brook Wine for free
- Snack on fresh baked goods, hot chili,and local cheese.
- Guests of the owner’s Garden Gables Inn in Lenox ski FREE throughout the season (not including any equipment rentals).
The unique hilltop location boasts scenic 20-mile views into the southern Berkshire hills.
The property is a unique place to hold your next event. We are here to help make your special day most memorable. Learn more.
Full Moon Snowshoe and Bonfire: guided, monthly. $10 includes guided trek and wine tasting of up to six different Furnace Brook Wines, bonfire and live entertainment. Adults 21 and over, space is limited, RSVP required. Snowshoe rental package: $25.
Less than 10 miles from downtown Lenox and less than 5 miles from Hancock Shaker Village, 1 mile west on Rt 295 from the junction of MA-41.
- Taconic Pkwy to Exit for Rt 295 in Chatham, turn right onto Rt 295 and follow east for 10.7 miles
- NY Thruway, Exit 21A to I-90/Mass Pike East to Exit for B3/Rt 22 towards Austerlitz for 2.7 miles then right onto Rt 295 for about 2 miles
Mass Pike west Exit B3/Rt 22 (follow above)
For Further Information:
Phone: (800) 833-6274
Web site: www.HilltopOrchards.com
508 Canaan Rd / Rt 295
Richmond, MA 01254